* I took this cute picture of my daughter Charlie with my friend’s daughter Jenna while were spending a girls weekend in Fort Smith a while back. The girls were playing dress up and I thought it was hilarious that they automatically posed like this as soon as I told them I wanted to take a picture. I look at their faces and I can see mine and Julie’s personalities shinning through. It’s totally what we would have looked like had we been friends at that age I’m sure! lol
I used a Distress Stain to color the mistable paper and in less than ten minutes (that’s 1 for coloring and about 9 to let it dry) – I had my own unique background! Yes, I said ten minutes!! And it literally took me only 15 more to complete the whole layout! I simply added strips of tape and some gorgeous ribbon from May Arts…a few Tim Holtz Chit Chat stickers, a title, and then some journaling which is a little hard to see but I wrote small in between some of the chevron lines!
* Supplies Used For Project:
- Distress Stain: Ranger
- Mistables Paper: Pink Paislee
- Ribbon: May Arts
- Paper Tape: Bella Blvd
- Tissue Tape: Tim Holtz
- Chit Chat Stickers: Tim Holtz
- Pigment Liner Pen: STAEDTLER
- Mini Staples: Tim Holtz
- Chipboard Letters: Making Memories
- iPhone App for Editing iPhone Picture: PictureShow
* In other news, I just finished reading the Hunger Games Triology and it was great. I highly recommend it and I can’t wait to go see the movie. I know the movies are never as good as the books but I still look forward to it. Also, and this is a big one for my family, we finally got the septic tank put in on our 14 acres! I am praying that we are able to move on to it by at least the end of this summer. I have moved 15 times now in the last 12 1/2 years, and normally I cringe at the thought of packing and all that comes with moving…but not this time. This time I can hardly wait for official moving day. I want my own home again so badly it hurts. I feel stifled here and sad and not myself. My motivation to stay creative and always working on projects is what keeps me sane. Our land is so beautiful and I can’t wait to show it off. We will have a big garden so I can start canning again, build a barn so scott can have his own man cave, and the children will have the woods and a ton of outdoor stuff to keep them entertained. I look forward to sitting on the front porch drinking some sweet mint iced tea and watching the kids play!